Are you familiar with the existing models for estimating the quantities of greenhouse gas, criteria pollutants, and toxins from gasoline or diesel-powered mobile sources? TRB will host a webinar on Thursday, October 21, 2021 from 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern that will provide a detailed framework for modeling the impact of electrifying the transportation fleet on air quality. Presenters will discuss estimating the load requirements from electric vehicles (EV) and the generation of electricity at the grid and distribution at charging stations with updated techniques.
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Load requirements from EVs considering different factors: Marcus Alexander, Electric Power Research Institute
- Generating electricity from renewable or non-renewable sources and distribution to grids: Thomas Bradley, Colorado State University
- Impacts of electrification on air quality under various conditions: John Grant, Ramboll
- Question and answer session: Eladio Knipping, Electric Power Research Institute
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Determine modeling load requirements and energy consumption of EVs with varying driving behavior
- Identify renewable and non-renewable generation of electricity and supplying to grids
Professional Development Hour Information
Professional engineers (PEs) who register and attend the entire webinar as an individual will be awarded 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs). TRB’s webinar program awards PDH credits only to the registered individual, and not to other members of a group that view the webinar together. To be eligible for the credits, individuals must remain signed in for the entire webinar, including for any question and answer session following the presentations.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
TRB will report credits earned to the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
Pre-registration is required. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to register. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
View our FAQ page for more information.
Registration questions? Contact TRB webinars.
This Summary Last Modified On: 9/3/2021